[NFB-Seniors] Flipp ap, Shopping sales

PLipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Sun Dec 6 16:33:05 UTC 2020

For those who get excited about shopping, you may miss the ability to flip through the flyers received weekly from various stores. There is an app for that!

Flipp (remember when searching for this app it has two p’s)

It’s an app which consolidate information from the flyers each week from various stores. I can only vouch for the iOS version for the iPhone but I find it fairly accessible. It is also available for android phones but I cannot verify that is accessible.

When you open the app for the first time, go to settings and enter your ZIP Code to get flyers relative to your location.  There are several categories to click on to identify which type of flyer you want to look at. You may also select favorites to make it easier to come up with those that you care about the most.

This is only to identify items on sale or particular stores and does not allow you to actually shop for the items. You will need to go to websites for each store directly or go to the store yourself. It is just a great way to see what kind of deals might be available. I find it particularly useful to look at the grocery ads in my location to see what items are on sale.