[Nfbc-info] Can someone explain

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 14 03:27:26 UTC 2009

Hi all.  This week my 680 seminar in rehabilitation class is having a discussion on mental impairment.
During this discussion the statistics cited suggest the unemployment rate for people with a mental impairment is about 90 per cent.
We on a regular basis say that the blind are the highest unemployed disability group with about 76 to 80 per cent unemployment.
Which is correct and how can I verify the figures are misused if the mentally impaired aren't the highest unemployed population?
Thanks
Mike