[Nfbc-info] Can someone explain

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Jun 14 11:50:20 UTC 2009

Define "mental impairment."

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Peterson
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 8:27 PM
To: NFB of California List
Subject: [Nfbc-info] Can someone explain

Hi all.  This week my 680 seminar in rehabilitation class is having a
discussion on mental impairment.
During this discussion the statistics cited suggest the unemployment rate
for people with a mental impairment is about 90 per cent.
We on a regular basis say that the blind are the highest unemployed
disability group with about 76 to 80 per cent unemployment.
Which is correct and how can I verify the figures are misused if the
mentally impaired aren't the highest unemployed population?
Thanks
Mike