[Nfbc-info] Questions Re: NFBC v Target Settlement Checks

Fred Chambers regenerative at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 14 21:29:35 UTC 2009

Hi all!

Did anyone receive a claim denial letter?  I was supposedly sent one
around January 1st, but do not think a paper mail version arrived.  I
didn't find out about being denied my share of the Target claim until
many NFB buddies had received their checks.  I contacted the law
firm, found out about the denial letter, and got everything fixed-
up.  My web form had a typo, which caused it to be sorted into the
loser file.  If anyone knows anyone else who was denied, double-check
the reason, and try to fix any problems.  It's worth taking a few
minutes.

What are people doing with their money?  Since I don't have any
(yet), I'm all ears!
A friend, who is receiving Section 8 housing assistance, and is on
disability benefits after being disabled and blinded in middle-age:
she found out that she has to spend the money within the month.
Since, she lives within her means, she has nothing she needs to buy.
She is planning to go on a cruise, and buy things like new TVs, etc.
It sounds to me like she is wasting her money!  Social Security told
her to spend it, and keep the receipts.  That's what she is trying to
do.

What are you doing?  Just among us, right!  (No spies on this list
from Social Security, or the IRS, right?)

Fred Chambers
VP Beach Cities Chapter