[Nfbc-info] trying to find the CA aw reference(s) that apply tothe legally blind

Jonathan Lyens jonathan at lyens.com
Tue Jun 16 02:06:38 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,

As you would likely expect, there are a multitude of laws that would
apply here. However, the largest law in California dealing with
employment is the Fair Employment and Housing Act. It is "enforced" by
the CA Dept. of Fair Employment and Housing. Here is a link to their
site that provides a little more information on the law.

http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/DFEH/Publications/fehaDescr.aspx

Additionally, for some good resources on employment, and multiple other
issues, you may want to check out the Materials Resource Center at the
LightHouse for the Blind of San Francisco. I confess to being partial to
this center, because I pulled most of this stuff together when I worked
there a few years ago. Not all of it is "NFB friendly" but much of it is
helpful. Additionally, you can order it in Braille or audio.

http://www.lighthouse-sf.org/services/vlrc/materials/index.php

Hope this helps.

Best-

Jonathan Lyens