[NFBCS] JAWS Use Virtual Ribbon Menus Keeps Saying Blank

Nicole Torcolini torcolini at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 00:40:02 UTC 2023

            Thanks.

Nicole

From: NFBCS <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Steve Shelton via NFBCS
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2023 4:36 PM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Steve Shelton <stevesheltonokc at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFBCS] JAWS Use Virtual Ribbon Menus Keeps Saying Blank

I had the same problem and called JAWS technical support. I was told  that
an update from Microsoft likely broke the JAWS virtual menu feature.
Freedom Scientific will  work on a resolution for JAWS and push out a JAWS
update at some point.

As a work around, I turned off the JAWS virtual menu option  and can now
access ribbons again. I don't plan to go back to the virtual menu even if
the problem gets resolved.

Regards,

Steve