[NFBMV] Fwd: Press Release

carolyn peters drcarolyn-peters at att.net
Mon May 21 11:43:19 UTC 2018

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Suzanne Turner" <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Date: May 17, 2018 at 11:49:40 PM EDT
To: "'Colleen Roth'" <n8tnv at att.net>, "'Chenelle Hancock'" <filmchenelle1977 at gmail.com>, <greymaster95 at gmail.com>, <Babyruth2 at windstream.net>, "'Sheri Albers'" <sheri.albers87 at gmail.com>, <Rachelrkuntz at gmail.com>, <RachelKKuntz at gmail.com>, <drcarolyn-peters at att.net>, <annettelutz at att.net>, "'Cheryl Fields'" <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>, <bakerdebra53 at gmail.com>, <marianne at denningweb.com>, <lucas.cassi1 at gmail.com>, <jwsmithblind at gmail.com>
Cc: <rchpay7 at gmail.com>, <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Subject: Press Release

Good Evening Ohio Leaders,

On behalf of the Ohio Promotion and Publicity Committee, I would like to provide you with an opportunity to share your Chapter Meetings and Events to Ohio and its communities.

The Committee has attached an example  of a Press Release that you can model when sharing your activities. Also, attached is the National Federation of the Blind Branding policies that we must adhere to when promoting those events. Please read the information and become familiar with it.

In addition, there is an example that was created for Cleveland and you will get a sense of what your Press Release may look like. It is a hard draft and you can modify it as you wish. The blank templet has non-fillable sections that the National Office has in place that can not be modified. However, like you, Cleveland too will adjust fillable sections to be more generic in providing dates of when our Chapter meetings convene. For example, instead of inserting a date. I propose inserting “the third Friday of the month”. When you review the document,  it will become clear. But, you may choose to insert the date each month.

Please take a moment to read these documents and play with the templet and submit the document back to the Promotion and Publicity Committee so that it can be circulated in your area. If you have any questions, comments, and or concerns; reach out.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Suzanne

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, Ohio Promotion and Publicity Chair
NFBOH-Cleveland, President
P: (440) 462-9755
C: (216) 990-6199
A: PO Box 141077
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
E: President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at Gmail.com