[NFBNJ] {Spam?} Request Letter For Door Prizes And Auction Items Pasted And Attached

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 10 00:57:07 UTC 2016

Greetings to all!
I have pasted and attached a request letter with new logo to obtain door
prizes and or auction items.
As you know, door prizes and auction items add to the fun at the state
convention.
Please consider bringing the following letter to your local grocery and or
retail stores, Duncan Donuts, drug stores, pizza shops, etc.
Consider all establishments.  If you don't ask, you won't get.
Good luck and see you at the 40th state convention.
Note: next week, the pre registration form will be distributed via email,
posted on the state website and print copies will be mailed to all chapter
presidents for distribution in the local areas.
We will be receiving mailing labels from the national center and those that
provided their addresses to the national center will receive a hard copy.
***

September 10, 2016

Dear Friend:

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey will be hosting its 40th
Annual State Convention, “Live the Life You Want,” November 10 - 13, 2015,
at the Holiday Inn in Manahawkin, NJ. We’re looking for items to use for
door prizes and fund-raisers at the event. Can you help us out?

As you may know, the National Federation of the Blind is a non-profit,
private sector resource of knowledge, support and encouragement for people
who are blind (Federal 501(c)(3) ID #22-2716500). We offer training and
advocacy to blind people and parents of blind children, and work to remove
legal, economic and societal barriers so that blind people can participate
fully in employment, education, recreation and all other aspects of
community life. Our annual convention is one way we work toward achieving
these goals.

Hundreds of blind people, parents of blind children, service providers,
technology producers/distributors, inventors of products designed to enhance
accessibility and independence, and representatives from rehabilitation
services, agencies, private agencies for the blind and the New Jersey
Talking Book and Braille Center attend our annual convention. At our
convention, we also award scholarships to deserving young blind scholars.

Door prizes and surprises make this event even more exciting. Because we are
financed only by contributions from our members, friends and well-wishers,
we hope you’ll be able to help us out with a gift we can use as a door prize
or fund-raiser item. Your tax deductible contribution/s (checks should be
made payable to National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey) can be
mailed to the NFBNJ at the address below or, if more convenient, call or
e-mail us and we’ll arrange for the item to be picked up.

We’ll look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Sincerely,

    Joseph Ruffalo
    President, NFBNJ