[NFBNJ] Opportunity For Participation Blind AthletesInc.

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 5 01:47:24 UTC 2017

Greetings to all!

Great news!

Note: The Sports and Recreation committee will no longer be a committee as
we are establishing the Sports and Recreation Division of the NFBNJ at the
state convention .
We will be collecting ddues of $5 for membership in the division, voting on
its constitution, electing officers and providing a breakout session on
Saturday afternoon.
All sports and recreation meetings are highlighted in the agenda.
Please visit the state website at
www.nfbnj.org
Locate the state convention page.

the information is provided below.

Thanks
nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: Blind Athletes Inc submission

Greetings to all!

The following information is being forwarded by the Sports & Recreation
Committee of the NFBNJ as a courtesy, in accordance with our continued
efforts to share information that may be of interest or of benefit to
individuals who are blind and vision-impaired and should not be construed as
an official endorsement.

Blind Athletes Inc is a nonprofit amateur sports organization serving the
vision impaired community in New Jersey.  For additional information, please
check out www.facebook.com/blindathletes or reach out to their director of
sports.

Contact:

Coach Jennifer Demby

(678) 362-4560

jennifer at blindathletes.org

Note from Linda Melendez, Chair of the Sports and Recreation Committee
Supporting fellow blind & visually impaired individuals to come out of their
comfort zone to participate in We provide activities for all to desire while
breaking down obstacles and barriers in their way to live the life they want
is a beautiful thing!  The sky's the limit and you are stronger than you
think you are.  Become a participant in your life.  It’s all about CPS, so
let’s Communicate, Participate and Share -- We Got This!

Please read and share with others.

Advocating for an active lifestyle

Blind Athletes Inc is a Paralympic sport club based in central New Jersey
focused on creating transformative opportunities and enabling the pursuit of
excellence for vision impaired athletes.

We believe in empowering happiness through adaptive sports, and promoting
fitness, friendship, and fun for athletes of all abilities. We also coach
and train our competitive athletes for success in competition. Our team of
SafeSport certified coaches are lead by U.S. Olympian Jennifer Demby, who
has encouraged our staff of 9 volunteer coaches to attain additional
sport-specific certifications. Our coaching objective and focus is to
develop the person in every athlete.

Currently Blind Athletes Inc is the only registered Paralympic sport club
for vision impaired athletes in the State of New Jersey. We want our
athletes to stay active in all Seasons and in order to do so we support a
multi-sports schedule including Para-track & field, swimming and
power-lifting, beep baseball, and race walking.   Our competitive athletes
compete regionally and nationally, and many have won national titles, set VI
category national records and earned championship rings.

All our athletes train towards the same objectives - to raise their standard
of excellence, strive for new personal records, and to discover the Champion
within.

We urge you to consider becoming an athlete - someone who chooses the active
lifestyle and the camaraderie of friends and teammates. Someone who sets
high expectations and strives to achieve meaningful goals. It takes courage,
willpower and effort to make a lifestyle change. It requires the support of
consistent constructive encouragement and proper guidance. That is what we
are all about at Blind Athletes Inc - positivity personal empowerment.

Last weekend another set of first-time athletes chose the active lifestyle
and stepped up to take on the challenge of a 5K walk. You can share their
experience by clicking the video link below.

Amy Albin: “I’m just getting started.”