[NFBNJ] Sample Letter to Solicit Door Prizes and Auction Items for NFBNJ State Convention

ELLEN SULLIVAN ems553 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 31 20:10:32 UTC 2018

Greetings Everyone,

We are looking forward to your participation in the:
National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey 42nd Annual State Convention

November 1st through 4th, 2018
Theme: Live the Life You Want; Blind with Vision
Hosts: State Board and the Sports & Recreation Division of NFBNJ
Honoring Longtime Member Brian Mackey

We are asking that all Chapters and Divisions assist with the collection of door prizes and auction baskets —these help to make the mood festive and also helps the Affiliate raise funds. Additionally, we plan to make some of the items available to divisions and chapters to raise additional monies for local use.

To this end, we are attaching a sample letter format that you as well as your chapter or division will want to customize before distributing. Depending on how well you know the potential donor, you may want to make it a bit more informal—you decide what works best for you! This is a template that you can modify to meet your needs!

We are asking that for Auction Baskets, you provide us with a detail list of
what they contain. Please keep Annemarie Cooke (H: 609 859 4084 mail to:aec732 at gmail.com mailto:aec732 at gmail.com ) and Ellen Sullivan (H: 302-658-2268 mail to:ems553 at comcast.net mailto:ems553 at comcast.net ) informed of what you are bringing as this will help us in planning the Door Prize and Auction
events. Both of us are happy to work with you if you need any assistance in personalizing the letters.

If you plan on bringing the baskets/door prizes with you to
convention, please e-mail us with information NO LATER THAN OCTOBER
20 so that labels can be made in Braille and large print.

Thanks so much for your support; please do call if you have
any questions. Please do work with your chapter/division Presidents as this
is a team effort!

Be well, NFBNJ family members!

Annemarie Cooke and Ellen Sullivan

The State Convention is being held at: