[NFBNJ] National Federation of the Blind and Rice Krispies Treats "Love Notes" Update

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 31 21:08:06 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Success! Outstanding! Overwhelming!

The following was introduced at the national convention this summer in
Orlando, Florida.

Please read and share the terrific news.
Take notice on the numbers provided.

snap! Crackle! Pop!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net
www.nfbnj.org
Raising Expectations To Live The Life You Want!Your old car keys can be keys
to literacy for the blind.

***

Greetings Fellow Federationists!

I hope this finds you well. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for
our back-to-school partnership with Kellogg's this year. The launch of the
Rice Krispies Treats Braille and audio "Love Notes" has garnered a
tremendous amount of attention, and we appreciate your role in supporting
this important program. I want to be sure you are aware that every order
includes a letter in Braille and a "NFB/RKT" Braille alphabet card which
reinforce the importance of Braille literacy and the resources offered by
the National Federation of the Blind.

Important Update:
Beyond anyone's expectations, the initial supply of audio boxes and stickers
was depleted in less than three weeks! Their website and our "Feel the Love"
webpage<https://nfb.org/feelthelove> have been updated to reflect this. We
are working with Kellogg's to explore the possibility of producing more. In
the meantime, we can still promote the program and our partnership, but we
do want people to know they are currently "sold out." This is a testament to
the power and enthusiasm of this audience and has sent a powerful and
positive message to Kellogg's.
What You Can Do:
If you would like to place an order, especially for a classroom or group of
kids, please call Kellogg's Consumer Affairs at
1-800-962-1413<tel:1-800-962-1413>. They may be able to help you get your
hands on some and it will encourage Kellogg's to order more knowing the
demand is still strong. You can also send an email through the Rice Krispies
Contact Us page<https://www.ricekrispies.com/en_US/contact-us.html>.
Coverage Update:
Kellogg's has been "blown away" by the response to this program. We hope
this is just the beginning of a strong, long-term partnership. Highlights of
the press coverage include articles in USA
Today<https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/08/07/kelloggs-rice-krispies-treats-offer-snack-notes-visually-impaired/918050002/>,
the Huffington
Post<https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rice-krispies-treats-inclusivity-braille-stickers_us_5b69d358e4b0de86f4a5ee1a>,
and a video interview from the floor of the NY Stock
Exchange<https://cheddar.com/videos/rice-krispies-makes-treats-more-accessible>.

With over 260 million impressions so far, our name, reputation, and role in
the project have reached a broad audience. Our Tweets alone via @NFB_voice
have had a potential reach of more than 100,000 people. Additionally, the
video featuring NFB member Eme Mitchell-Butler<https://youtu.be/hKZdT3VkHVI>
has had close to 1 million views on YouTube and more than 1.3 million views
on Facebook.

Be on the lookout for a mini podcast episode about our partnership featuring
President Riccobono and Kellogg's VP Jessica Waller in the next week or so.
Don't hesitate to reach out with comments, questions, or feedback!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Best,
Kirsten

Kirsten Mau
Director of Marketing and Communications
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2244 | KMau at nfb.org

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for
your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.