[NFBNJ] Important: NJ TRANSIT DECEMBER PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE - To Be Held at 3 Locations throughout the state

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 20 15:50:48 UTC 2018

Greetings to all!
Received from Linda Melendez, Chair of the Transit Committee for the
National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey.
Please read and share with others.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Hello Joe:

Can you please notify the members of the NFBNJ distribution list about
public hearings NJ Transit will be holding at three locations during
December 2018?  An Access Link paratransit update will NOT be provided at
these hearings. Access Link holds separate Customer Forums. I have cut and
pasted the information below.

Thank you,

Linda Melendez
NFBNJ Transit Committee Chair

NJ TRANSIT PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE

The New Jersey Transit Corporation (NJ TRANSIT) is conducting public
hearings in order to gather information and receive comments from
interested parties concerning programs developed pursuant to the Senior
Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Program (SCDRTAP)
Act. A hearing will be held in each geographic region in accordance with
Section 5 of P.L. 1984 c.578 of SCDRTAP. Each hearing will have an
afternoon and evening session. The locations are Freehold, Westampton, and
Newark.

The Senior Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Program
funds capital, operating, and/or administrative expenses for locally
coordinated paratransit services for senior citizens and people with
disabilities. The program also funds accessibility improvements to NJ
TRANSIT’s fixed route bus and rail system, the provision of technical
assistance to the counties and the administration of the statewide program.
All materials to be reviewed at these hearings are available in accessible
formats on request. Individuals requesting sign language interpreters
should contact the Public Hearing Office, NJ TRANSIT, One Penn Plaza East,
Newark, NJ 07105-2246, (973) 491-7114(TT 1-800-955-6765) at least seven
business days prior to the hearing date.  Individuals requesting language
support should contact Customer Service at 973-275-5555 at least seven
business days prior to the hearing date.

The public is invited to the December hearings below at which time they
will have a full opportunity to express their views regarding the Senior
Citizen and Disabled Resident Transportation Assistance Program. In order
to assure that all members of the public are given an opportunity to be
heard, presentations and comments will be limited to five (5) minutes.
Written comments for the record may be sent to Public Hearing Comments
2017, New Jersey Transit Corporation, One Penn Plaza East, Newark, New
Jersey 07105-2246, or via email at publichearings at njtransit.comby December
28, 2018. In accordance with the above statute, public hearings will be
held at the following accessible locations:

SENIOR CITIZEN AND DISABLED RESIDENT TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
HEARINGS

Central Region
LOCATION: Monmouth Agricultural Building Region Conference Room, #1
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Room,+%231+%0D%0A4000+Kozloski+Road+Freehold,+NJ+07728&entry=gmail&source=g>

DATE: Wednesday, December 12, 2018
TIME: 2:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.

Southern Region:
LOCATION: Burlington County Human Services Facility Region Lecture Hall A
795 Woodlane Road Westampton, NJ 08060
<https://maps.google.com/?q=795+Woodlane+Road+Westampton,+NJ+08060&entry=gmail&source=g>

DATE: Monday, December 17, 2018
TIME: 2:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.

Northern PLACE:
LOCATION:  NJ TRANSIT Headquarters Region 9 th floor Board Room
One Penn Plaza East Newark, NJ 07105-2246
DATE:  Wednesday, December 19, 2018
TIME: 2:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m.

With this annual notice we also invite the public to review the State
Management Plans (SMPs) for the following Federal grant programs
administered by NJ TRANSIT.
· FTA Section 5310 The Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with
Disabilities Program
· FTA Section 5311 Non-urbanized Area Formula Program for Rural Areas

These are available for review on the S-Rides website at
https://s-rides.njtransit.com. Copies of the state management plans are
also available upon request by calling 973-491-7372 or writing to NJ
TRANSIT, Local Programs & Minibus Support Department, 4 th floor, One Penn
Plaza East, Newark, NJ 07105-2246.
An Access Link paratransit update will NOT be provided at these hearings.
Access Link holds separate Customer Forums. If you have any questions
regarding Access Link forums or service, please email
adaservices at njtransit.com or call Access Link at 1-800-955-2321, choose
option #5 for Customer Service, or call TT 1- 800-955-6765.

--
Regards,
Linda Melendez
Email lindamelendez220 at gmail.com