[NFBNJ] Invitation: All Are Welcome to participate in the New Jersey NFB Book Club, sponsored by the Sports and Recreation Division that will take place on January 16th from 6:45 to 7:45 pm

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 27 02:50:09 UTC 2018

    Greetings to all!
Please review the following from Linda Melendez.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

Joe:

Would you please share this invitation with the NFBNJ distribution members
to participate in the 2019 First Quarter’s New Jersey NFB Book Club,
sponsored by the Sports and Recreation Division that will take place on
January 16th from 6:45 to 7:45 pm?

Regards,
Linda Melendez
President, Sports and Recreation Division NFBNJ

******Greetings:

Want to learn more about the National Federation of the Blind? Well you can
by participating in the New Jersey NFB Book Club, sponsored by the Sports
and Recreation Division. Jane Degenshein, our book moderator will host
quarterly conference calls to discuss books from our recommended NFB
reading list. Our goal is to learn about the Federation and our members
through reading, discussions and sharing. All Are Welcome!
This quarter’s book is “The Power of Love”; how Kenneth Jernigan changed
the world for the blind DB86625. Walhof, Ramona; National Federation of the
Blind; Reading time: 11 hours, 10 minutes. Read by Eva Wilhelm; Biography
Disability.

Twenty-nine essays illustrate the impact Kenneth Jernigan (1926-1998) made
during his life, which included two decades at the helm of the National
Federation of the Blind. Contributors include former director of the
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped Frank
Kurt Cylke and inventor Raymond Kurzweil. 2016.

The book club will take place on January 16th from 6:45 to 7:45 pm. To
participate in the conference call, please dial 515 604 9570 and then use
the access code of 612068 followed by the pound sign. Please dial in 5
minutes prior for roll call and follow our conference call etiquette listed
in the registration form’s confirmation email.

To participate in the New Jersey NFB Book Club you must register by
clicking on the link below.

http://www.nfbnj.org/book-club-registration

If you have any questions please email Janie Degenshein at
jdegen16 at comcast.net