[NFBNJ] FwBraille and Major League Baseball

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 03:09:49 UTC 2018

    Greetings to all!
Terrific News:
Please share with others.

Warmly,
Joe Ruffalo

**

Braille and Major League Baseball, The Baltimore Orioles:

Tuesday, September 18, is National Federation of the Blind Night at Oriole
Park at Camden Yards. The jerseys will have “Orioles” and the players’ names
in Braille, we will be handing out Braille alphabet cards, and President
mark Riccobono will be throwing out the first pitch. We have invited many of
our partners to join us at the game. Below are two articles about the event.

Baltimore magazine:
https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/2018/9/7/os-to-honor-national-federation-of-the-blind-with-braille-jerseys
Baltimore Sun:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-blind-20180904-story.html<http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-blind-20180904-story.html>

Also, the jerseys will be auctioned after the game from September 18 at 7:00
p.m. until September 25 at 10:00 p.m., with proceeds benefiting the National
Federation of the Blind. All jerseys will be authenticated by MLB and
autographed. The auction will be taking place at
orioles.com/auctions<http://orioles.com/auctions>.