[NFBNJ] All Are Welcome The NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Division, Northern Chapter, invites all to participate in our “Verona Park Day” on Tuesday, August 20th, from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 25 12:09:30 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
Please review, read and share with others as all are welcomed to join us on
Tuesday, August 20 in Verona Park.
All details are located after the **** following my signature block.
Again, this is a Northern Chapter activity however, all are welcome.
Any questions, Debbie Bloomer???s contact information is provided in the
message.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Joe:
Can you please send out the following invitation to the NFBNJ distribution
list?
Thank you,
Linda Melendez, President
NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division
732-421-7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

****

The park spans 54 acres, with a 13-acre lake. Paddle boats are available to
rent at a cost of $15 for a half-hour and $20 for an hour. The boats hold
up to four people. There is a beautiful path around the lake, with
waterfalls, and plenty of benches. A playground is available for those who
want to bring children. If you prefer to sit and enjoy the surroundings,
there are benches near the lake across from a large fountain. Anyone who
brings children is fully responsible for them during all activities.

We will have lunch on the deck overlooking the lake. The food concession
has snacks and hot sandwiches. They are usually open for snack sales only
on weekdays between 2 and 7 p.m. However, the manager indicated that he ???d
open the kitchen at 1 p.m. for us if there is enough interest in purchasing
hot food. Here???s a sample of the menu and prices:

Hamburger $5.75, veggie burger $6.25, hot dog $4.00, grilled cheese
sandwich $4.75, chicken tenders $7.00, French fries $3.75.

They also sell water, soda, ice cream, chips, fresh fruit, and cookies.
Since the manager is making an exception and opening the kitchen for us, we
need to know how many people plan to purchase lunch. Participants are
responsible for their expense; including transportation, food, and boat
rentals.

The paths are paved and very walkable, but comfortable shoes are
recommended. There are two main paths. The one that goes around the lake is
?? of a mile, and there are steps when crossing the bridge. The longer path
is approximately 1.2 miles and there are no steps.

Registration is required and the link is listed below at the end of this
message. The closing date for registration will be August 10. Participants
who require one-on-one assistance must bring their own aide or SSP, who
must be over 18. Although they will not be considered participants, there
will be a place on the registration form for their names for our records.
If you need to cancel after registering, or if you have questions, contact
Debbie Bloomer, Sports & Recreation Division Northern Chapter Coordinator,
at 973-641-5074 or debbiebloomer at comcast.net as soon as possible.

The Access Link drop off is at the Boathouse in Verona Park on Porcello
Lane in Verona, NJ 07044. The two nearest cross streets are Bloomfield
Avenue and Park Avenue. We will meet there between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm.
We plan to start walking the ?? mile path at 12:00 sharp. Those who are
interested in the 1.2-mile loop will branch off prior to reaching the
bridge and we???ll all meet at the Boathouse. Those who want to walk less can
sit on a bench until we return. Lunch, boat rides, more walking, and
socializing will follow. Please make your Access Link pick-up for 3:00 pm.

Again, for additional information contact Debbie Bloomer, Sports &
Recreation Division Northern Chapter Coordinator, at 973-641-5074 or
debbiebloomer at comcast.net.

To register click on the link below:
https://nfbnj.org/verona-park-day/registration