[NFBNJ] BELLAcademy Uptates Please Share With Others

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri May 10 04:14:01 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is proud to announce and
highlight the sixth BELL Academy for 2019.
Please review the material pasted below my signature block and attached.
Your continued support assists to raise expectations to transform dreams
into reality!

BELL ROCKS!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

***

Dear Parents, Teachers and Friends of Blind and Vision Impaired Children:

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey (NFBNJ) is sponsoring its
sixth BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy & Learning) Academy.

The program will be held at the Puerto Rican Association for Human
Development, Inc. located at:

100 First Street

Perth Amboy, New Jersey  08861

When:  July 22 through August 2, 2019

Time: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Monday through Friday)

Cost: Free for blind and vision impaired children ages 4 through 12 years

This years' theme is "Placing Hands on the Future"

The BELL Academy provides children with the opportunity to learn some
Braille and nonvisual concentrated instruction. This learning takes place
through participation in fun, hands-on activities, including activities of
daily living (ADL) skills, field trips, self-advocacy through "solve it
problems", science experiments, mobility walks, as well as numerous literacy
activities (story time, practicing reading and writing in Braille, use of
Braille Writers). Woven into the program is the NFB philosophy professing
that blind children can do anything sighted children can do through the use
of alternative techniques. This year we will provide the children the chance
to imagine, create, and touch their future and dreams; by not only raising
expectations through Braille instruction, but by nurturing their development
of tactile arts and graphics.

Please visit:   <http://www.nfbnj.org/bell-academy/>
www.nfbnj.org/bell-academy/ for more information about how to register blind
and vision impaired children for the BELL Academy.

Or contact Mary Jo Partyka  <mailto:choirnfb at gmail.com> choirnfb at gmail.com;
609-888-5459

To register your child please fill out the NFB BELL Application Form at
<https://archive.nfb.org/bell-student-application-form>
https://archive.nfb.org/bell-student-application-form.