[NFBNJ] obituary for Maureen Rees

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri May 10 11:51:17 UTC 2019

To all!
Many of those on this distribution list have asked for additional
information pertaining to the passing of Andrew Rees’s mom, Maureen.
I have provided following my signature block.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Maureen Rees

Somerset

Maureen Rees, 79 of Somerset passed away on Wednesday, May 8th at the Robert
Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick.

Born in Brooklyn, New York to James & Ethel O’Donnell (nee Fannon), she
lived in Bay Shore, New York before moving to Somerset in 1978.  Maureen
attended St. Savior Academy High School before earning her Bachelors of Art
History Degree from Douglass College in the early 1980s.  She then attended
Rutgers University where she earned her Masters Degree in Library Science.

She served as the Director of the North Brunswick Library for over 15 years
then worked part time for the Franklin Township Library before retiring in
2013.  Maureen was also a parishioner of St. Matthias RC Church in Somerset
where she served as a Eucharistic Minister and was a member of the Altar
Rosary Society and  Homebound Ministry.  She enjoyed reading, gardening and
spending time with her family.

She was predeceased by a granddaughter, Jessica.

Surviving are her husband of 61 years, Francis Rees; sons and
daughters-in-law, Francis & Lucy Ann of Hudson, NY, James Patrick & Karen of
Middlesex, Dr. Christopher & Kathy of Southampton, PA and Andrew of
Somerset; daughter, Patricia Rees of Branchburg; brother and sister-in-law,
James & Carol O’Donnell of MA; sisters and brother-in-law, Caroline & James
Heavey of Garden City, NY and Catherine Lavelle of Rockville Centre, NY; 10
grandchildren and their spouses, Betsy, Matthew, Phillip, Allyson & her
husband Fernando, Meghan & her husband Lawrence, Jacqueline, James & his
wife Chelsea, Megan & her husband Nicholas, Katie & her husband Stephen,
Rebecca & her husband Michael and Emma; and 7 great-grandchildren, Addelyn,
Elincia, Amelia, Landon, Colton, Eloise and Lia.

Visitation will be held on Friday, May 10th from 2-4 & 7-9 PM at the Gleason
Funeral Home, 1360 Hamilton Street, Somerset, NJ 08873.

Funeral Mass will be held Saturday, May 11th at 10:30 AM at St. Ma

in lieu of flowers donation can be made to NFBNJ and mail to NFBNJ, 254
Spruce Street, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003