[NFBNJ] All Are invited… NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division Central Jersey Menlo Park Mall Day on June 29th from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri May 31 13:14:07 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!

Received for distribution from Linda MelendezNFBNJ, Sports and Recreation
Division President.
Please consider participating.
Please share with others.
See below.
warmly,

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

You???re invited??? NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division Central Jersey Menlo
Park Mall Day on June 29th from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports and Recreation
Division invites all to participate in our ???Central Jersey Menlo Park Mall
Day??? set for *Saturday, June 29th from 9 am to 2:30 pm*.

Advance registration is required. There is a *maximum* of 15 participants
on a first come first served basis. Registration opens on Saturday, June 1;
the link is located at the bottom of this email and on the Sports and Rec
Calendar and More webpage located at www.nfbnj.org.

When the first 15 registrations have been received, we???ll start a waiting
list. If you have registered but should need to cancel, please immediately
contact Geri McGinty, Sports and Recreation Division Central Regional
Coordinator at 602-576-5356 or gerimcginty at gmail.com so someone on the
waiting list can take your place.

Participants requiring individual or one on one assistance must bring their
own aid or SSP who must be 18 years or older; aids or SSP???s will not be
counted as a participant. There will be an option on the registration form
indicating assistance provided by you and their name for our records.

Walking is involved so wear comfortable clothes and shoes, bring water and
snacks and be prepared to get your 7,500 steps in ??? that translates to
approximately 3 miles.

On June 29 we???ll meet between 9 and 9:30 am at the Rain Forrest Caf??
Entrance. At 9:30 am SHARP we will begin our walk; registered participants
who arrive after 9:30 am will be responsible to locate the group by calling
Linda Melendez at 732-421-7063 or Geri McGinty at 602-576-5356 for our
location.

As a group we can pick a store or a wing in the mall and shop for a little
while.  At 11:45 am we will make our way to the Cheesecake Factory for
lunch at 12:30 pm. We will have a reservation for registered participants
and their aids and separate checks will be provided. To ensure enough seats
for everyone it is important we have an accurate count of everyone
attending lunch.

Each participant including aids will be responsible for their own expenses
during the day such as water, snacks, lunch and shopping. The Cheesecake
Factory price range for lunch will be from $20 to $30; depending on your
order selections.

We suggest making your return Access Link pickup reservation location at
the Cheesecake Factory for 2:30 pm. Participants with earlier pickup times
or who want to stay at the mall longer will be responsible for themselves.

Registration link listed below:

http://www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreation-event-registration

Contact Geri McGinty, Sports and Recreation Division Central Regional
Coordinator at 602-576-5356 or gerimcginty at gmail.com with any questions.

Thank you,

Linda Melendez, President NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division
732-421-7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

--
Regards,