[NFBNJ] Blind and Visually Impaired Awareness Night with the Trenton Thunder

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed May 29 23:18:59 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
Please review and share with others.
Received from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI.
Details are below.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Pamela.Gaston at dhs.state.nj.us
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:58 PM
Subject: Blind and Visually Impaired Awareness Night with the Trenton
Thunder

Tickets Are Now Available! Please Help Spread the Word!

(Flyer for posting attached)

"COVERING THE BASES 2019"

The 14th Annual Night Out With The Trenton Thunder

For Individuals Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired, Their Families, Their
Friends and CBVI Staff

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Gates Open at 6:00 p.m.
Arm & Hammer Park (formerly Waterfront Park)
1 Thunder Road
(For GPS & Access Link: 50 Riverview Plaza & Cass Street)
Trenton, NJ 08611

Hosted by:
The New Jersey Department of Human Services- Commission for the Blind and
Visually Impaired
NJ State Library Talking Book and Braille Center
and
The Trenton Thunder Baseball Team (Double "A" Affiliate of the NY Yankees)

Tickets are being sold at the discounted fee of $7.00

** COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS  FOR CBVI STUDENTS AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY
MEMBERS**

Parents/Guardians: To reserve tickets for your family, please e-mail:
askcbvi at dhs.state.nj.us<mailto:askcbvi at dhs.state.nj.us>  with "Trenton
Thunder" in the Subject line

**(First-come / First-served; CBVI families that require wheelchair
accessible seating, please contact us now so we can ensure suitable
arrangements)**

Covering the Bases also known as Blind and Vision-Impaired Awareness Night
with The Trenton Thunder is an annual event that promotes  full community
inclusion and awareness of the potential and achievements of  individuals
who are blind and vision-impaired.

There will be a pre-game ceremony on the ball field when scholarships will
be presented to five outstanding CBVI students. The presentation of the
scholarship awards is made possible by the generosity of the members of the
NJ Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired Board of Trustees and a
private donor.

For further information or to acquire tickets for "Covering the Bases"