[NFBNJ] a free 6 hour course on line for formatting documents and more

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 02:27:21 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!
>From Jane Degenshein, NFBNJ President, Technology Division.
Looks interesting.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

From: Jane Degenshein
Subject: a free 6 hour course on line for formatting documents and more

Hey Joe
Got this from a list serve and wanted to share perhaps with our distribution
list.
Valuable and pertinent information for all
***
FORMAT YOUR WORD DOCUMENT LIKE A PRO
Need to create professional-looking Word documents? Learn how to become a
Word document master in the Format Your Word Document Like A Pro full-day
course through eCarroll Remote Technology Instruction. Join David Kingsbury,
Assistive Technology Instructor at the Carroll Center for the Blind, as he
lays out the key steps for preparing professional-looking Word documents
using the most popular PC-based screen reader programs: JAWS.

COURSE DESCRIPTION
JAWS has many powerful tools to help you to be more efficient and consistent
in formatting and proofing your documents. Mastering these tools will allow
you to produce more professional-looking documents than many of your sighted
peers.

Among the topics we will cover are key parameters in the font and paragraph
dialogue boxes; headings and styles; JAWS text analyzer; and JAWS speech and
sounds schemes.

Prerequisites: basic knowledge of JAWS and Microsoft Word.

ABOUT ECARROLL REMOTE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTION
eCarroll Remote Technology Instruction brings technology training directly
to blind and visually impaired individuals in the comfort of any location,
whether it be in the home, workplace, or school setting. We use Zoom
Meeting, an easy-to-use and accessible video and web conferencing software
accessed by a link in an email, to offer individualized instruction in a
wide range of areas. All remote trainees will need a computer with Windows
10 and a built-in microphone, internet access, recent versions of JAWS (JAWS
18 and newer) or NVDA and Microsoft 2016 or Office 365 for those topics.
Users should have at least beginner-level JAWS skills. If you do not already
have a Zoom account, instructors will help you create an account and install
the program on your computer. During the ongoing pandemic, our technology
training staff has gained significant experience in conducting remote
training. One of our staff members, Heather Thomas, has even recently
written a book on the topic, entitled “Getting Started with Zoom Meetings: A
Guide for JAWS, NVDA, and iPhone VoiceOver Users.”

REGISTER FOR FORMAT YOUR WORD DOCUMENT LIKE A PROEVENT DETAILS
When: Monday, November 23, 2020

Time: 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M., with a one hour lunch break.

Where: Online
    Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein
Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have!
Facilitator of ECHO (Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
state affiliate board member
President of the senior division of the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey
to join the senior list serve:
President of the Technology division of the National federation of the Blind
of New Jersey
To join the tech div list serve:

NFBNJ Newsline co-ordinator
jdegen16 at comcast.net