[NFBNJ] NFBNJ President Linda Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep in Mind for Week Ending May 8, 2021

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Thu May 6 11:53:15 UTC 2021

Greetings all,

Included in this email are the following:

   1. Reminder:  Diabetic Committee Meeting tonight, Thursday, May 6 at 7 PM
   2. Sports and Recreation Division Tupperware Fundraiser
   3. Save the date:  Tuesday, June 8 for our Senior and Deafblind Resource
   Fair
   4.  Save the date:  Saturday, June 26 for our Technology Workshop
   5. NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind
   6.  Reminder:  VLANJ  Virtual Programs - May 3 - July 30, 2021

 If you would like to submit an event for consideration send an email with
complete details 14 days prior to the event to Linda Melendez at
president at nfbnj.org.

president at nfbnj.org

Please do not reply to this email, this is an announcement only mailbox.
Reminder:  Diabetic Committee Meeting tonight, Thursday, May 6 at 7 PM

Contact: Ed Godfrey at
edgodfrey1957 at gmail.com

or Angela Perone at
ang345x at gmail.com

Join Meeting: NFBNJ Free Conference Call Line
Dial: 605-468-8005
Password: 460994

Guest speaker:  Alex Luzier, M.P.A. Director of Business Development will
talk about Accessible Pharmacy Services

Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind is a comprehensive, home
delivery pharmacy service specializing in the needs of the blind and low
vision community. We were founded by blind and sighted experts in the areas
of accessibility and medicine and we are the only provider of its kind.

A Home-Delivery Pharmacy For The Blind and Visually Impaired
(accessiblepharmacy.com) <https://www.accessiblepharmacy.com/>
Sports and Recreation Division Tupperware Fundraiser

JUST THREE WEEKS LEFT…. to buy your Tupperware and benefit the Sports and
Recreation Division of the National Federation of the Blind of New
Jersey! Blind
entrepreneur Christina Brino is donating 15% of the proceeds of sales made
before MAY 26 to our division. So please check her catalog and place your
orders via this link:

https://my.tupperware.com/christinab/Products#%7C0%7C2

If you have any questions, or need assistance placing an order, please contact
Christina Brino at: 862-821-8058.

Tips for Tupperware uses:
As the pandemic restrictions are lifted this month, think of the leftovers
from eating out that you’ll need to store. Or the extra bowls and
containers that would be handy preparing shared meals with
family and friends now that most of us can gather together safe. And then
there are the seasonal fruits and veggies you’ll need to cut and
store for quick lunches and snacks….

Save the date:  Senior and Deafblind Resource Fair; Sponsored by the NFBNJ

CALLING ALL SENIOR ADULTS AND DEAFBLIND PEOPLE OF ALL AGES!! MARK YOUR
CALENDAR FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 8!

All are invited members, non-members and their families to a resource fair
on Zoom from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Admission is FREE but you must register in
advance. Please stay tuned for additional information and registration
link. Learn about the latest tools and technology to make your life more
productive and enjoyable. This event is sponsored by the National
Federation of the Blind of New Jersey. For questions, contact Linda
Melendez, President NFBNJ at president at nfbnj.org.

Save the date:  Saturday, June 26 for our Technology Workshop; Sponsored by
the NFBNJ

Stay tuned for details and registration link to be distributed shortly and
posted on our website WWW.NFBNJ.ORG <http://www.nfbnj.org/>

NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind

May 6 Diabetic Committee Meeting

May 10 Technology Division Meeting

 May 11 Guide Dog Committee Meeting

May 17 Senior Division Meeting

May 19 Sports and Recreation Division Meeting

June 8 10 AM to 1 PM NFBNJSenior and DeafBlind Resource Fair

June 26 NFBNJ Technology Workshop

VLANJ  Virtual Programs- May 3 - July 30, 2021

Please click on the link below to see the Spring selection of course
offerings. Yoga, Now and Zen Yoga class, continues to take place on
Wednesday’s at 10:00am and we do begin the week of May 3rd!

Programs | Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey (vlanj.org)
<https://www.vlanj.org/programs/>

--

​Warmly,
Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*