[NFBNJ] Fwd: NJCB SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Mon Jan 31 19:42:11 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message --------From: Gaston, Pamela <
Pamela.Gaston at dhs.nj.gov>
Date: Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 1:40 PM
Subject: NJCB SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
To: CBVI Public-Email <CBVI.Public-Email at dhs.nj.gov>

[image: New Jersey Council of the Blind Logo (Outline of New Jersey in
green with a Blind cane o a left to right angle)]*NJCB BERNARD ZUCKERMAN
SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT*

*Bernard Zuckerman Scholarship*

*Scholarship Committee*

*PO Box 434*

*Woodbridge, NJ 07095 *

scholarships at njcounciloftheblind.org

 *What are the scholarship awards?*

   - $1,000 will be awarded
   - First year NJCB membership
   - Recognition in our Quarterly Newsletter and on our website

*Who is eligible?*

   - Must be a resident of New Jersey
   - Certified legally blind
   - A full-time college student, undergraduate or graduate, in the 2022 –
   2023 academic year.

*What is needed to apply?*

   - Complete a Scholarship application
   - Obtain and submit a letter from your doctor to certify legal blindness
   - Submit three reference letters from teachers, school counselors or
   other community advocate (no family members permitted)
   - Extracurricular activities and/or offices held volunteer or other
   service activities

*Where do I find Information for the Scholarship?*

   - Go to our web site at NJCB Scholarships (njcounciloftheblind.org)
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/njcounciloftheblind.org/scholarships/__;!!J30X0ZrnC1oQtbA!YtoN1yomQclt4ibJup3h0ViqbEGvN4c-epM9Pwom9JYq8f75OQDUMwk4gi24fBVHdAsiTA$>

*Where and when is the application submitted?*

   - Send application and supporting documents to Scholarship Committee,
   address above

   - Please be sure to include all contact information such as telephone
   and email address. Interviews may be in person or by phone with members of
   NJCB scholarship committee or Executive Board
   - Schedule

   - May 15- Application and materials due
      - May 31 – Interviews completed
      - June 30 – notice of results to applicants
      - July 23 - NJCB Quarterly meeting – award presentation to recipients

*What is required of scholarship winners?*

Any meeting by prearrangement with recipients, they can present a brief
oral report on what it has meant to have the scholarship, and/or some
significant events / experiences since the awarding of the scholarships.

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named above.
This message may include advisory, consultative and/or deliberative
material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential and not a
public document. Any Information in this e-mail identifying a client of the
Department of Human Services is confidential. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy,
use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete
this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.
--

Greetings,

president at nfbnj.org
*www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*