[NFBP-Talk] No Chapter - No Problem!

Brenda-Ann Gillis hc89x48 at ptd.net
Sun Feb 9 19:51:30 UTC 2020

Good News NFB Family,

The Jigsaw Chapter is welcoming new members!  This unique Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania recognizes that due to the
geography of our State, many blind residents are unable to access "brick and
mortar" Chapters due to sparsely populated Counties, lack of transportation,
and/or employment obligations that prevent them from attending their local
geographic bodies.  In response to this need, the Jigsaw Chapter is striving
to piece together the blind of PA by inviting those without access to a
Chapter to join in our free teleconference meeting held on the third
Saturday of each month at 10 AM.  The Chapter uses a free service that
provides a phone number and access code that interested participants can
call into to learn about our amazing movement, how NFB is making it possible
for us to live the lives we want in our respective communities and, most
importantly, supporting one another by sharing our ideas on how blindness
can be reduced to a simple characteristic nuisance when you have the proper
tools, training and opportunity to succeed.

Please accept this invitation to consider becoming an official member of our
Jigsaw Chapter in 2020.  As voted upon in January, dues will be set at $5.00
per year and will entitle you to all the benefits NFB of Pennsylvania
offers.

Those interested in becoming a member of our Jigsaw Chapter are asked to
mark your calendar for our next teleconference on Saturday, February 15 at
10 AM.  You can join the conversation using the dial in directions below.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and learning more about how we can
work collectively to change what it means to be blind in Pennsylvania and
beyond!

Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5572

Access code: 329 632#

You are not alone -- members-at-large now have a home!

Faithfully,

Brenda-Ann Gillis

Jigsaw Chapter President