[NJTechDiv] Does Anyone Use a Samsung Galaxy A10E Phone? Trying to Get Tech Help re: Text to Speech and TalkBack

missruthnfb missruthnfb at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 21:00:17 UTC 2022

Two terrific suggestions,  Serena, thank you! The Verizon store is a great idea, as I'm assuming they had to have gone there initially to buy the phone in the first place. Unless someone did it for them.Also, I didn’t know there was an NFB technology answer line, so this is helpful, not just for my friend and her husband,  but also for me!I really appreciate your help.Take good care,Miss RuthSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Serena Cucco via NJTechDiv <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org> Date: 2/28/22  3:42 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: New Jersey Technology Division List <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org> Cc: Serena Cucco <serena.c.cucco at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [NJTechDiv] Does Anyone Use a Samsung Galaxy A10E Phone? Trying to Get Tech Help re: Text to Speech and TalkBack Hi again Ruth,Another idea.  The NFB National Center has a technology answer line.  You could call them and see if they know someone who can help your friend and her husband.  NFB main number: (1 410) 659-9314.  You'll hear a greeting that gives a list of extensions to dial.  One of those is the technology answer line.  You might have to leave a message initially.Good luck!SerenaOn Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 7:09 PM Miss Ruth Williams via NJTechDiv <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org> wrote:Hi, all,I've cleared posting this request with Janie, and I know it's a long-shot, but, does anyone use a Samsung Galaxy A10E phone? And, if so, would you be willing to walk someone through the steps to work the text-to-speech and talkback processes? There's a newly-blind, elderly lady who is lost without her phone, and her husband is overwhelmed already with her care. They are both terribly depressed and she needs her phone to get connected to the world again.I've googled it and see what the steps are, but they won't be able to do it without some hand-holding from someone who's used these features before. If at all possible, I'm hoping someone can talk to the husband on his phone so he can set it up for his wife, and he's not very tech savvy. I know it's a lot to ask, but any help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you so much for any assistance or suggestions you might offer.Take good care,Miss Ruth_______________________________________________
NJTechDiv mailing list
NJTechDiv at nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NJTechDiv:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/serena.c.cucco%40gmail.com