[Pibe-division] can anyone explain the term "BOCES mean? Sara Rooz

Camille camcris518 at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 00:35:02 UTC 2011

Hi Sarah,

BOCES means board of cooperative educational services and there are several BOCES in New York state. They provide specialized services and vocational programs that are shared between several school districts. TVI, TOD,and other special educational services are provided by BOCES and districts request those services. Each BOCES has  a certification person who can help with certification issues and will look at you credentials and help determine what you need to do in order to get permanent certification in New York state.  Hope this helps.

Camille

Sent from my iPhone