[Pibe-division] ACT and SAT

Kristen Sims ksims at opsb.net
Thu Nov 26 02:17:26 UTC 2015

We take the ACT here in Louisiana. Currently it is offered to all students during the week. However, even before that was the case, I would apply to ETS for accommodations. You will have to be specific. I forgot to include a braillewriter the first time I did it and it was a mess trying to add it later. ETS will pay for a teacher with Braille certification to administer the test. There is a window of time to take the test (approximately 2 weeks). I used to schedule it for whatever I thought the student could handle. I had some take it in a day and some over 2 days and some take a whole week. There is a lot of documentation requirements so be sure they have a current vision and diagnosis.

Kristen Sims, Vision Services
Ouachita Parish Student Support Services
318-432-5481