[Pibe-division] FW: Prince William County Schools - Employment Opportunities for 2016-17

Edward Bell ebell at pdrib.com
Wed Jul 27 18:31:15 UTC 2016

Subject: Prince William County Schools - Employment Opportunities for
2016-17

Good afternoon,

Prince William County Schools in Northern Virginia are expanding our special
education faculty for School Year 2016-17 in order to better meet the needs
of our students. As such, we have three vacancies for Teachers of Students
with Vision Impairment and would appreciate in any assistance you might be
able to provide in sharing some information with your students and alumni,
be it verbally, ListServ, email, website, job board, bulletin board, etc.

Below you will find additional information about Prince William County
Schools, our area, and application process. Additionally, attached are
flyers with information about our School Division and a benefits flyer.

Thank you for your assistance in helping us find the best educators for our
students! Please contact me with any questions or needed information. I
would welcome the opportunity to talk with you or any interested candidates.

_____

Prince William County Public Schools offers a stimulating place to learn and
a rewarding place to work. Students and staff benefit from innovative
instructional and professional learning programs, specialty programs (K-12)
and career paths, resulting in continuous growth each year. Located in
Northern Virginia, approximately 35 miles southwest of Washington, D.C., the
area offers a variety of communities in which to live and work. The Prince
William region consists of two incorporated cities Manassas and Manassas
Park, and four incorporated towns Haymarket, Dumfries, Occoquan and Quantico
which is the only town in the U.S. that is almost completely surrounded by a
military installation-The Marine Corps Base. Our community was named one of
the 100 best for young people for three consecutive years.

As the second largest School Division in the Commonwealth of Virginia, our
focus is on student success achieved in part through collaboration, the use
of instructional technology, and the development of literacy and wellness.
This provides the dynamic environment for over 87,000 students in 59
elementary schools, two traditional elementary schools, 17 middle schools,
11 high schools, three special education, two alternative schools and two
Governor's Schools. All 11 PWCS high schools are ranked in the top nine
percent of over 37,000 public and private high schools nationwide (as
determined by the Washington Post).  School Year 2016-17 will see the
addition of two schools:  <http://pwcs-colganhs.ss9.sharpschool.com/> Colgan
High School and  <http://pwcs-ferlazzoes.ss9.sharpschool.com/> Kyle R.
Wilson Elementary School.

 <http://www.pwcs.edu/departments/professionallearning> PWCS Connect, our
leading induction and mentoring system, combines orientation and
on-boarding, one-on-one mentoring, support from a team of master educators
at the school and program level, and ongoing job-embedded and Division-level
professional learning to provide strategic, tiered support for beginning
educators. Our Office of Special Education
<http://www.pwcs.edu/cms/one.aspx?pageId=748995>  provides ongoing support
to all Special Educators. Our family of employees benefit from extensive
professional learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive
benefits options, and many other incentives in a School Division that
continues to hire hundreds of professional educators each year.

To learn more about the many opportunities for you to join our diverse and
growing family of World-class educators and staff, please visit our website
at  <http://www.pwcs.edu> www.pwcs.edu.

 Please note that we accept applications year-round. I encourage you to
apply immediately to receive full consideration for current vacancies as
well as any anticipated vacancies. After submission, you may log back in
later to add updated documents, such as a certificate or College
Verification Form. Our current vacancies are updated regularly and may be
viewed at  <https://jobs.pwcs.edu/Jobs/> https://jobs.pwcs.edu/Jobs/ . Our
online certified employment application can be accessed directly at
<https://jobs.pwcs.edu/WorkSpace> https://jobs.pwcs.edu/WorkSpace .

Our Employment Service Center is available via email (
<mailto:personnel at pwcs.edu> personnel at pwcs.edu), phone (703.791.8050), or
live chat to answer questions and assist you with the application process
for all positions.

If you have friends or classmates who may be interested in PWCS, I would
invite you to share this communication and put them in touch with us as
well!

Please let me know if you have any questions or there is any way I can
assist you.

Thank you,

Julie E. Curry, M.S. Ed.

Coordinator, Recruitment & Retention

Office of Recruitment & Specialty Programs

Department of Human Resources

Prince William County Public Schools

 <mailto:curryje at pwcs.edu> curryje at pwcs.edu

703.791.8950

Please give us your feedback on our service by completing a short customer
service survey via the link below. Thank you.

 <https://surveymonkey.com/s/Department-of-Human-Resources-Survey>
https://surveymonkey.com/s/Department-of-Human-Resources-Survey