[Pibe-division] Notetaking Skills

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 19:22:59 UTC 2018

It sounds like he doesn’t realize the importance of what you’re trying to teach and refuses to do the lesson. Back in the 90s I had a much more vision and I took print notes in my own handwriting. Professors would photocopy their poaque projector notes they shared during class. At that time this worked for me as I could follow along with the students and add my own chicken scratch notes. Sometimes I did have a print no take her in the classroom and the student and I compared notes. However that usually didn’t work out too well because her hand writing was just as bad as mine. I did as a freshman try to audio tape notes then go back later and listen to them and take notes. It doesn’t work. I think this is what the student is hoping he’ll be able to do. He needs to learn the slate and stylus well. I regret that I wasn’t taught real at all in the public schools because I had vision. If I could turn back time I would learn braille as a child and be proficient with the slate and stylus.

Maybe sharing this story will help him realize this. No takers are great but if the battery dies you miss out on Notes you could be taking on the slate and stylus. You have to be prepared for everything that could happen when technology fails.

Ericka Nelson