[Trainer-talk] Accessible Forms

Morin, Gary (NIH/OD) [E] moring at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 12 19:50:02 UTC 2010

I noticed in the original question, it referenced JAWS-accessible forms.  I'd like to expand on that question and insert "speech recognition software" accessible forms.  All too often, I find that people involved with accessibility (or "Section 508") here in the Fed government assume that if a document is designed for JAWS access (rather than generically screen reader access), they assume that nothing different or more needs to be done for speech-recognition accessibility.  As a user of Dragon Naturally Speaking myself, I find this is not at all the case.

I realize this is an NFB list, so I assume most discussion is from the vision perspective, but still amongst people who "get it." <smile>

Thanks!

Gary M. Morin, Program Analyst
NIH Office of the Chief Information Officer

10401 Fernwood Rd, Room 3G-17
Bethesda, MD 20892, Mail Stop: 4833
(301) 402-3924 Voice, 451-9326 TTY/NTS
(301) 402-4464 Fax