[Trainer-talk] What's different about Google and JAWS?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Tue Jul 5 18:53:01 UTC 2011

Hi Again, Jim,

Google's 'Search settings' is one of the links under,
"Options," which is right after the Sign-In link most
times @ Google.com. Under Options, you'll find Search
Settings, Advanced Settings, Language Tools, etc.

I usually change 3 things in Search Settings. I set the
option to have Google Instant On or Off, definitely
off. I change the filtering to Strict rather than the
default setting of Moderate SafeSearch Filtering. And
lastly I change the amount of results per page from 10
to 100. Then I click on Save Settings & it's that
simple. If you choose to do this, I suggest going to
the bottom of the page and going backwards through your
links so as to avoid the couple dozen language choice
links at the top of the page full of settings. The 3 I
mentioned are all in the bottom 12 or so links.

Strive On!
Everett