[Trainer-talk] jaws usage information

David Goldfield disciple1211 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 23 04:36:54 UTC 2014

Adding to Matt's comment, you could also download a free, fully
functional copy of the Window-eyes screen reader, assuming the computer
in question has a licensed copy of Office 2010 or 2013. Window-eyes
comes with an app which simulates the JAWS keyboard layout.  Pressing
ctrl-alt-0 toggles this layout on or off.  This layout is quite good and
does a fair job in attempting to simulate most of the standard keys used
by JAWS.
It does not come with Eloquence, but you can purchase eloquence for
$39.00 if the student is used to that voice.  The Microsoft speech
platform voices, which are free, come with this version of Window-eyes
and the Zira voice sounds quite pleasant.
www.windoweyesforoffice.com