[Trainer-talk] jaws questions

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 6 20:33:45 UTC 2014

Hello Sarah:

     In the basic JAWS settings, I would suggest checking the box that
always makes JAWS talk at the logon prompt. Then a user account can be set
to start JAWS if needed. The individual account is logged on, JAWS started
and the checkbox checked to start JAWS for this account.

     I would suggest having the Icon for JAWS as one of the items in the
default desktop. In this way, the keystrokes windows+m followed by j will
start JAWS. Of course, if other folders or programs start with j, a blind
user will run into problems selecting which icon is highlighted.

     As for your time card, if it is a web application, the edit boxes need
proper labeling. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert