[Trainer-Talk] jaws beginner training resources

Gabe Vega theblindtech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 15:31:34 UTC 2016

The approach I take with students who once had site is to teach them and orient them to the visual layout of the screen. I believe one of the most lacking things about blind computer users is that they never learn the visual aspects of a computer screen. To them it's all keyboard commands. And although that's important and very quick and speedy the thing that I've learned from my own clients is that they appreciate if they once had site that I still explain everything incited terms such as the start button is at the bottom left the clock is at the bottom right the desktop takes up two thirds of the top of the screen so on and so forth. I even tell them what the Wi-Fi icon looks like the Bluetooth icon looks like because it's important in the workplace for them to communicate stuff like that to the coworkers because then they're speaking the same language as the coworkers around them.

Sent from my iPhone