[Trainer-Talk] Best braille display

Jeffrey Young jeff.young8806 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:44:45 UTC 2016

I currently own a VarioUltra 20 which I enjoy. It is especially nice because it has basic note-taking capabilities and can be paired with multiple devices at once. The 20 cell is about $2400 and the 40 cell unit is right around $4000. The Braille edge from Hims is also a great choice. It's 40 cells for about $3000. Like the VarioUltra it has basic note-taking capabilities, but it can only connect to one device at a time. It is portable, but not nearly as portable as the VarioUltra line, but if you want as much braille for the least price then the Braille Edge is a great option. Both Hims and Baum are good companies to work with.
I've heard the Smart Beadle from Hims is a nice option, but 14 cells is very small. Some people love the 14 cell size though so it comes down to what you prefer.

Jeff Young