[Trainer-Talk] Windows Mail or Thunderbird

Marci Duty marci.smiles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:46:10 UTC 2021

Hello, I have a student who purchased a desktop and a laptop
from Computers for the Blind. For ease of access to email she
purchased a copy of Office 2016 Pro for her desktop. She has
recently received her laptop and Computers for the Blind
includes a copy of Office Home and Student 2019 with her laptop.
She has access to Word and Excel, but wants a client for her
Email accounts. She has Gmail and Outlook accounts and just
updated to JAWS 2021 on both computers. Which email client is
recommended? She wants ease of use and if possible a lot of the
same commands she is used to in Outlook 2016.

I thought Windows Mail would be a good choice because of the
similar command structure and because both programs are from
Microsoft. A conversation yesterday encouraged me to download
and teach her Thunderbird. I also entertained the thought of
teaching Gmail in standard view after the FS Training.  Your
thoughts please requested.

Thank you for reading and make this Tuesday terrific!

Respectfully,

Marci Duty

Email: marci.smiles at gmail.com

Phone: (214) 732-5788

Isaiah 30

15  For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of
Israel, says:

"By returning to me and resting, you will be saved;

Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust."