[CT-NFB] Access Technology Affordability Act

JIM MCCOLLUM j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 19:35:34 UTC 2021

Hello, Connecticut Federationists.
This week we are pushing to gain as many co-sponsors as possible for the Access Technology Affordability Act, H.R. 431 in the House of Representatives, and S. 212 in the Senate. This is the bill that, if signed into law, would provide a refundable tax credit on federal income tax returns to offset the cost of purchasing access technology, such as note takers and screen reading software, for the blind. I'm happy to report that two of Connecticut's representatives in the House, John Larson and Rosa DeLauro, have co-sponsored this bill. Let's see if we can get the other three representatives, and both senators, on board. Below is a list of contacts for each representative and senator. If you have any questions about the bills, I'm happy to help.

Rep. Joe Courtney:
Maria Costigan, Legislative Director,
maria.costigan at mail.house.gov mailto:maria.costigan at mail.house.gov

Rep. Rosa DeLauro:
Christian Lovell, Legislative Director,
christian.lovell at mail.house.gov mailto:christian.lovell at mail.house.gov

Rep. Jahana Hayes:
Maddie Daly, Legislative Director,
madeline.daly at mail.house.gov mailto:madeline.daly at mail.house.gov

Rep. Jim Himes:
Mark Snyder, Legislative Director,
mark.snyder at mail.house.gov mailto:mark.snyder at mail.house.gov

Rep. John Larson:
Nancy Perry, Legislative Director,
nancy.perry at mail.house.gov mailto:nancy.perry at mail.house.gov

Senator Richard Blumenthal:
Colleen Bell, Legislative Director,
colleen_bell at blumenthal.senate.gov mailto:colleen_bell at blumenthal.senate.gov

Senator Chris Murphy:
Chris Mewett, Legislative Director,
christopher_mewett at murphy.senate.gov mailto:christopher_mewett at murphy.senate.gov

I've included representatives Larson and DeLauro on this list, even though they've co-sponsored the bill. It would be good to send them a quick note and thank them.

Thanks for all you do.

Jim Y. McCollum
Board Member and Legislative Coordinator
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net mailto:j.mccollum64 at comcast.net