[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Chapter-Presidents] December 2021 National Membership Committee Newsletter and Supporting Documents

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Jan 3 03:12:44 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Denise Avant via Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 1:27 PM
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] December 2021 National Membership Committee
Newsletter and Supporting Documents
To: NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>,
State Affiliate Leadership List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
CC: <davant1958 at gmail.com>

 NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLINDNational MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
NEWSLETTERDecember
2021

We are thrilled to bring yet another National Membership Monthly Newsletter
that has new information, hot off the press, and is chalk-full of
information relevant to you and your membership initiatives across your
chapter, affiliate, and national efforts! Please file this email as
‘mission-critical’ as you navigate the start of 2022, as it has essential
dates, documents, and links for your convenience.

Always email membership at nfb.org with any questions or concerns!

Notes from the National Membership Crew:

With the beginning of 2022 upon us and the transformational year of 2021
coming to a close sooner than we might have expected, we are centering our
energy toward 2022 and the priorities set forth by President Riccobono and
the rest of our Federation family.

Important Dates:

•Tuesday, January 4, 2022 8:00 p.m. eastern: Upcoming presidential release

   - Thursday, January 20, 2022, 8:00 p.m. eastern: Chapter president call;
   advocacy throughout the year + scholarship
   - Sunday, January 23, 2022, 8:00 p.m., eastern: Chapter president call;
   advocacy throughout the year + scholarship
   - Wednesday, February 23, 2022, at 8:00 p.m., eastern: Open house
   gathering call; post-2021/pre-scholarship

 Relevant Documents and Links:

You asked, and we delivered! In having received multiple inquiries for many
of the same resources, we decided to put them all in one convenient
location for you. We will distribute these on a routine basis, so you have
the latest and greatest at your fingertips. Please find attached the latest
and greatest versions of relevant membership-specific documents.

Upcoming Chapter Presidents Meetings:

Find attached the toolkit which includes all chapter president call dates
for 2022, along with their relevant Zoom links. For those affiliate leaders
who have chapter presidents within your affiliate without access to email,
we appreciate your support in getting word out to those leaders so they,
too, can benefit from these calls. We thank you for reaching out with
suggestions for discussion topics you wanted to see during our chapter
president calls, and we are pleased we can make these calls relevant and
exciting for you in your work with the Federation. To accommodate more
schedules and participants, we have decided to hold chapter presidents
calls twice quarterly. You can see the first dates below, as well as the
rest of the dates and information for 2022 in the attached document
entitled “OOTP-Membership-2022 Chapter Presidents Call Information”. Please
look through the attached document and add the dates to your calendars and
distribute to your affiliate chapter presidents and membership coordinators
so we can all best build the Federation together.

   - Thursday, January 20, 2022, 8:00 p.m. eastern: Chapter president call;
   advocacy throughout the year + scholarship
   - Sunday, January 23, 2022, 8:00 p.m., eastern: Chapter president call;
   advocacy throughout the year + scholarship

Upcoming Open House Gathering Call:

Find attached the latest open house gathering call mini toolkit to receive
access to recommended social media posts and emails you as leaders can use
to recruit interested new members for our upcoming open house gathering
calls. This toolkit also has the dates of all the open houses for
perspective members listed for 2022, along with the link to register
<https://nfb.org/form/open-house-gathering-call-regist?q=form%2Fopen-house-gathering-call-regist>
.

   - Wednesday, February 23, 2022, at 8:00 p.m., eastern

New Member Onboarding Process Update:

              With a couple years of our new member onboarding process
under our belt, we took the feedback given to us by yourselves, as well as
new members, and we have improved upon the new member onboarding process,
both for you, as well as for any new members you will be welcoming in the
future. Given the feedback we received, we have altered the documents we
are sending new members, which you can read all about in the attached
onboarding outline. We have also created a new form which should be far
easier to handle than what had been in place. As a bonus, it is also a far
easier link to remember. Please note that the process itself is not
terribly different. The primary differences can be found in the new form,
as well as the updated contents of the new member packets new members will
be receiving. In the near future, we will be expanding our ability to
onboard Spanish speakers and make sure that one of the most commonly spoken
languages in our nation will be included in our onboarding process. This is
to further President Riccobono and the Federation’s efforts in becoming a
more diverse, inclusive movement, and so we can serve those who might find
language to be a barrier in receiving the resources they need.

Attached are the relevant documents concerning the updated new member
onboarding process, as well as questions to ask the new member so the
appointed membership chair for your chapter can appropriately fill out the new
member form. <http://www.nfb.org/new_member_form> Please be sure to
bookmark this link! And remember that this form is to be filled out by the
designated membership chair for your chapter, not the new member
themselves. If you have any questions regarding the new member form
<http://www.nfb.org/new_member_form> such as why your particular chapter
might not be showing up in your affiliate, please contact membership at nfb.org
.

Once again, that link to bookmark is:

http://www.nfb.org/new_member_form

Guide for Leaders:

Whether brand new or well-seasoned, this Reference Guide for Leaders
<https://nfb.org/about-us/reference-guide-leaders?q=about-us%2Freference-guide-leaders>
is a great resource meant only for the leaders within the Federation. This
carefully crafted guide efficiently breaks down any questions you might
have when it comes to our history, policy, structure, and more.

As always, reach out to membership at nfb.org with any questions or concerns.
We deeply value your contribution to our movement and welcome your input.

Sincerely,

National Membership Committee

Denise Avant and Tarik Williams

Co-Chairs