[Nfbc-info] library services, immediate action need

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Tue Apr 24 13:40:49 UTC 2012

Hello fellow Californians,

                As you know, the proposed budget for fiscal year 2013
contains significant cuts to the state library services. Is implemented,
these cuts would disqualify us from the federal grants which are a
significant source of funding for the California Braille and Talking Book
Library. Next month, both the Assembly and Senate budget subcommittees
dealing with education will meet to hold hearings on this issue. The senate
hearing will be on May 3, and the Assembly hearing will be on May 9.

Prior to these hearings, we are asking all of you to contact the members of
the respective subcommittees and urge them to support the restoration of
$15.2 million in funding for the state's library services.

                I am attaching a sample letter which you can personalize and
send to the members. I am also attaching the list of subcommittee members in
each house and their contact information

Thank you in advance for all your hard work on this,

Angela