[NFBNJ] NJ Transit Job Opportunities

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 14 19:24:42 UTC 2017

    Greetings to all!
I received today from Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI to inform those that want to be informed on the following information.
Please forward to others.
Notice to all, there are several attachments.

Again, thanks Pam, your continued cooperation to raise expectations to live the life we want and to work together to make a difference is appreciated!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

Subject: NJ Transit Job Opportunities

      NJ TRANSIT is New Jersey's public transportation corporation. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable, convenient and cost-effective transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to our customers' needs and committed to excellence. Covering a service area of 5,325 square miles, NJ TRANSIT is the nation's third largest provider of bus, rail and light rail transit, linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.

      Created by the Public Transportation Act of 1979, NJ TRANSIT was established to "acquire, operate and contract for transportation service in the public interest."

      As the vehicle that connects New Jerseyans with employment, education, health care and recreational opportunities in and around the Garden State, NJ TRANSIT is vital to the state's economic and social well-being, as well as its quality of life.

      NJ TRANSIT has earned its place among America's Best Workplaces for Commuters. This program recognizes employers that meet or exceed a "National Standard of Excellence" in commuter benefits and alternatives to driving for their employees. As a public transportation provider, NJ TRANSIT provides and promotes alternatives to driving throughout New Jersey. Our "corporate culture" has been to locate our headquarters adjacent to New Jersey's busiest transit hub and purposefully limit parking provided for headquarters employees. We encourage our employees to use our own transit "product" and experience it themselves from a customer perspective.

      View current job opportunities

      Please use the below link to access a NJ TRANSIT STANDARD application. TYPE your personal information, then PRINT your application and mail it to the address listed on the top of the application or fax it to 201-649-1938.

      Please be advised that NJ TRANSIT conducts full background checks prior to hire.

      NJT Employment Application

      Please do NOT use the above application for a Bus Operator, Locomotive Engineer, or Police Officer position. Click on "View Current Job Opportunities" for Locomotive Engineer and Bus Operator applications. NJ Transit Police Department is not actively recruiting Police Officers at this time.

      NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
      It is the policy of NJ TRANSIT to promote equal opportunity by providing service and employment through practices that ensure the full realization of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, national origin, age, ancestry, creed, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil unions, veteran (including liability for service in the armed forces), disability or genetic status, including refusal to submit to a genetic test or to make available the results of a genetic test. More info

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named above. This message may include advisory, consultative and/or deliberative material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential and not a public document. Any Information in this e-mail identifying a client of the Department of Human Services or the Department of Children and Families is confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.