[NFBNJ] Memorial Day speech.

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Mon May 27 16:08:26 UTC 2019

Forwarded to Dwight Sayer, President, national Association of Blind
Veterans, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind.

    Greetings to all!
Received this morning from Debbie Azzarone, an active member with Vision
Loss Alliance in Denville and a member with the Northeast Chapter of the
NFBNJ.

The following words and link provides us a moment to reflect.
See below and thanks Debbie!

nfbnj1 at verizon.net

****

Today is Memorial Day.

A day to remember the ultimate sacrifice made by men and women who loved
their country and their freedom enough to give it all so we, and future
generations would have the freedoms that every man woman and child deserves.

I chose to share a video with you on this Memorial Day. It's a speech given
by a junior in high school. It's a speech that tells me that if the majority
of the youth of America are anything like this young woman, our future is
bright, our hope is strong.

It also reminds me that the men and women who fought and died were not much
older than this young lady, and that has always left me with a sense of awe,
a sense of sadness, and a whole lot of pride.

Ladies and gents, if this is an ongoing example of the caliber of children
coming up, we're gonna be ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUIlj4Zlqsc

Your Blind Vine Team that wants to thank all those who fought and died so
that we may live in freedom.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back
to you when you have forgotten the words." -Unknown