[NFBNJ] NFBNJ President Linda Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep in Mind for Week Ending February 7, 2021

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Fri Feb 5 15:03:05 UTC 2021

Greetings all,

Included in this email are the following items of interests:
1.   NFB Washington Seminar Senator Robert Menendez Appointment 2.   PayPal
now available for Senior, Technology and Sports & Recreation Divisions
3.   March
6 Senior Division Book Club information 4.   Bookshare Reader for Alexia
Testers Needed 5.   Amazon Alert 6.   NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind; attached
for your convenience is the NFBNJ February schedule meetings document that
was emailed earlier in the week with participation details

Please save for future reference and share with others. I have used
headings for easy navigation.

Email: president at nfbnj.org

Website: www.nfbnj.org
NFB Washington Seminar Senator Robert Menendez Appointment

Save the date and time of Thursday, February 11 at 1: PM to be an observer
during our NFB Washington Seminar appointment with Senator Robert
Menendez.  We are still waiting for Senator Cory Booker’s office to confirm
our requested appointment for the morning of Thursday, February 11. Stay
tuned for additional information and Zoom participation details.
PayPal now available for Senior, Technology and Sports & Recreation
Divisions

You can pay your 2021 dues for the Senior, Technology and Sports and
Recreation Division using PayPal; use link below:

https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/

You are asked to complete the form for each division you are a member of or
want to join. If you have already paid dues for 2021 please enter “0” for
the number of years you want to pay for. You may still pay by check, money
order or bank transfer. When you register you will be given instructions on
where to send your dues should you choose to pay by check etc.

Please address any questions to the division president:

·     Seniors and Technology: Jane Degenshein: jdegen16 at comcast.net

·     Sports and Recreation: Linda Melendez: president at nfbnj.org
Request for distribution from Jane Degenshein, President NFBNJ Senior
Division

Our next book club selection is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3 at 6 PM on
the NFBNJ Conference Call Line The last flight DB99472; Clark, Julie.
Reading time: 9 hours, 25 minutes, Read by Lauren Fortgang,; Suspense
Fiction & Psychological Fiction

Claire is married to the scion of a political dynasty, with a Manhattan
townhouse and a staff of ten. But that perfect husband has a temper and
he's not above using his staff to track Claire's every move. Claire has a
plan to vanish by switching plane tickets with a woman in similar
circumstances. Unrated Commercial audiobook 2020.
Request for distribution from Jane Degenshein, President NFBNJ Technology
Division

This is for users of A Lady-enabled devices so hope it’s not too off topic

Bookshare is looking for testers to try out our Bookshare Reader for Alexa!
We are specifically looking for members who currently own an Alexa, and are
55 years or age and older. The Bookshare Reader for Alexa is presently in
development and not market ready. If you would like to be a tester, please
reach out to Vanessa Lombardo, Outreach Coordinator for Bookshare at
vanessal at bookshare.org
Request for distribution from Linda DeBerardinis, NFBNJ Board of Directors

I received a message from who I thought was Amazon, saying they just
shipped my high powered computer and smart TV to someone in Florida! Since
I just made a small purchase (under $30) you can imagine my horror! I
called the disability line of Amazon, who was very helpful saying my order
number was not one of Amazon’s and I am not charged this horrendous price!
They are currently victims of a recent scam. So please be aware!

Amazon Disability Customer Support
888-283-1678.
NFBNJ Dates to Keep in Mind:

Monday, February 8 7:30 PM Technology Division

Tuesday, February 9 7 PM Guide Dog Committee

Wednesday, February 10 7 PM Students Division

Thursday, February 11 1 PM Monday, NFB Washington Seminar Senator Menendez
Appointment

February 15 7 PM Senior Division

Tuesday, February 16 7 PM Braille Committee NFBNJ Conference Call Line

Wednesday, February 17 7 PM Sports and Recreation Division

Tuesday, February 23 7 PM At-Large Chapter

Wednesday, March 6 6 PM Book Club