[NFBNJ] Week Ending January 15, 2022 NFBNJ President Melendez Notes, Items of Interest and Dates to Keep in Mind

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Wed Jan 12 11:25:11 UTC 2022

Greetings all,

Included in this email are the following:

1.   Washington Seminar Updates

2.   Braille and Diabetic Committee meetings moving to Zoom

3.   46th State Convention News

4.   Blind Alive Podcasts

5.   Dates to Keep in Mind

If you would like to submit an event for consideration please send an email
with complete details 14 days prior to the event to Linda Melendez at
president at nfbnj.org <president at nfbnj.orgg>

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org
* Facebook: *https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238

**Please do not reply to this email, this is an announcement only mailbox**
Washington Seminar Updates

*a. Town Hall Reminder *Join us on Monday, January 31 at 8 P.M. as we host
our first 2022 Town Hall via Zoom on the NFB Washington Seminar. John Pare,
Executive Director, Advocacy and Policy, NFB will share our Washington
Seminar history, Ryan Stevens, NFBNJ Legislative Director will explain all
about our legislative priorities and I will speak about the NFBNJ team.

*b. The Great Gathering-In *The Great Gathering-In is the very exciting
opening session of the Washington Seminar. It will take place Monday
afternoon at 5:00 P.M. ET and adjourning promptly at 7:00 P.M. ET and will
be held hybrid. All are invited to participate; stay tuned for details.

*c. Senate Appointments*

Members of the NFBNJ will be invited to observe our Washington Seminar
Senate Appointments.  Information and participation details will be
available shortly, stay tuned.
NFBNJ Braille and Diabetic Committee Meetings moving to Zoom

Beginning in February the Braille and Diabetic Committees will hold
meetings on our affiliate Zoom account same as our At-Large and Division
meetings.
46th State Convention News

I have begun negotiations with the Delta by Marriott Hotel for our 46th
State Convention and have secured the dates of Thursday, November 10
through Sunday November 13. We are working on room rates; stay tuned for
additional details in the upcoming weeks.
Sports and Recreation: Blind Alive Podcasts

Blind Alive has created a huge collection of audio described exercise
videos. These videos are for all levels of fitness from beginner to
advanced and geared for the blind and vision impaired. The NFBNJ Sports and
Recreation Division has made these videos available and invites you click
on the link below to access the collection.

https://www.nfbnj.org/sports-and-recreation-calendar
Dates to keep in mind

   - Monday, January 17, 2022 7 P.M. Senior Division Meeting
   - Wednesday, January 19, 2021 7 P.M. Sports and Recreation Division
   Meeting
   - Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 7 P.M. At-Large Chapter Meeting
   - Monday, January 31, 2022 at 8 P.M. Washington Seminar Town Hall
   - Thursday, February 3 at 7 P.M. Diabetic Committee Meeting on Zoom
   - Tuesday, February 8 at 8 P.M. Braille Committee Meetings on Zoom

**Again, please do not reply to this email, this is an announcement only
mailbox**