[Pibe-division] Dumb Question

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 7 17:49:26 UTC 2009

Hello:

     As an experiment, I downloaded a Cam Jansen book and a Little House Chapter book from Bookshare. I donloaded both the DAISY and BRF files.

     The .brf file versions looked usable, but they lack things like braille page numbers and running titles. If run through an embosser, there won't be breaks between the front matter and the text.

     Using Duxbury 10.6, I imported the DAISY .xml file. Duxbury recognized it and I think improved the formatting. To create a better formatted book, a parent or teacher might want to insert the Duxbury codes for forcing a page and possibly the running title. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss