[Trainer-Talk] Anything Wrong with Chrome and JAWS?

Raul Gallegos - RGA raul.gallegos at rgats.com
Tue Aug 15 09:52:40 UTC 2023

Good morning jim, there are a few issues currently with jaws and chrome. I have reported a few things to Jaws technical support and they have confirmed them. As to your issue specifically, I would suggest going into Chrome settings and finding the download section and see if the button is enabled where it asks you for the file name. By default, this is not enabled and instead, it will download to your downloads folder assuming that is what you want. Chrome used to put the download progress as one of the pop-ups near the top of the screen and you could press shift F6 to look at the progress. However this has changed lately and it is not all that good in my opinion. To look at a file download progress, the only way I can do it now is by pressing Ctrl j to open the downloads window. I hope this helps.

--
Raul Gallegos / Access Technology Trainer
RGA Tech Solutions
Team Email: training at rgats.com
Direct Email: Raul.Gallegos at rgats.com