[Trainer-Talk] Intro and Question

Christopher Nusbaum cnusbaum at imagemd.org
Tue Aug 15 15:32:17 UTC 2023

Hi Fellow Trainers:

My name is Chris Nusbaum, and I'm new to this list and to the tech training
field professionally, though certainly not to volunteer training or to the
NFB. I currently serve as the part-time Project Coordinator of the Bridges
Technical Assistance Center (formerly the Bridges Helpdesk,) an online
resource and support program for blind students, their families and their
educators in Maryland. Soon I will be starting a second part-time
independent contractor position as an AT trainer with Allied Instructional
Services, working remotely with school-aged students. Some of you may be
familiar with me through my involvement in the Federation in our Maryland
affiliate, our national Performing Arts Division, and now our Delaware
affiliate.

Now to the first of what I'm sure will be many questions I will ask on this
list. I've heard that at least a few trainers have used ChatGPT as an
assistant in doing their work, and many of us in the blind community have
found it fun to play with, helpful, or both. In fact, it was my blind
friends who got me into playing around with it and eventually using it for
productive purposes. So imagine my surprise when the iOS app suddenly broke.
When typing a prompt into the app (usually with my Braille display,) the app
crashes mid-sentence, and VoiceOver temporarily freezes. The only way to get
VoiceOver back is to close the app. Closing the app in the app switcher and
even deleting and reinstalling it haven't helped. Has anyone else
experienced this issue? If so, is there a workaround, or a way to report it
to the ChatGPT developers?

Thanks so much!

Chris

Christopher A. Nusbaum, Bridges Project Coordinator

The IMAGE Center of Maryland

300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 312

Towson, MD 21286

Helpdesk phone: (443) 320-4003

Helpdesk text: (410) 305-9199

Cell: (443) 547-2409

Email: cnusbaum at imagemd.org

Bridges website <https://imagemd.org/bridges-help-desk/>

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Bridges4MarylandBlindLowVisionTransition>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/bridgeshelpdesk>

YouTube <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtwRTbjHK0BjqqH-j5dyH3g>

Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/bridgeshelpdesk/>

"Bridges Project: Bridging the College Completion Gap for Blind/Low Vision
Students in Maryland"